When winter approaches, you need to be prepared to deal with it. The extreme cold can really affect your appearance – especially your hair. The indoor heating, the harsh wind, the winter weather, and also the sun can create deadly combination that can run havoc for your hair.
In order to battle out your bad hair issue, here are some solutions and some methods that you can do to maintain your healthy hair all through winter season.
- Don’t overwash. If it possible, limit your washing period. Your hair produces its natural oil and during winter, your hair will need that natural oil as much as possible. The oil acts as natural protection for the hair; unfortunately the shampoo will wash away the oil. “So try to limit the washing period,” professional says.
- Always use conditioner. When it is winter, it is better to use moisturizing and rich conditioner that will lock the moisture within the hair strands. It will definitely keep the hair stay healthy. if you have extra curly or thick hair, you can perform deep conditioning method in order to restore the already lost moisture. Be sure to apply the conditioner on the ends, and not on the roots. If you have fine hair, use the light conditioner or the leave in type.
- Use treatment oil. When your hair is extremely dry – especially when you have activities outdoor where your hair will turn frizzy – use hair oil. Just use a small number of it. You can put the oil on your palm, rub it off before combing your hands through your hair. Be sure to start from the ends toward the roots.
- Always make sure that your hair is dry before you leave. When your hair is wet when it meets the outdoor chills, it will be extremely dry.
- Always use high quality color. When you want to avoid further damage because of the coloring, always make sure that you use only high quality coloring.
- Choose the safe products. When you choose a particular hair product, avoid the ones with high level of alcohol. Alcohol will make your hair even drier. One tips for healthy hair in winter is to choose products that can add moisture to your hair. Instead of using the regular hair gel, why don’t you try using the styling cream?