Similar with his music and overall performance, the Bruno Mars hairstyle attracts people attention with its unique looks. The Honolulu, Hawaii born and raised singer usually appears in public wearing the retro look hairstyle called the pompadour hairstyle. The hairstyle is quite eccentric, reminiscent of popular hairstyle back in 1950’s. Bruno Mars usually wear short and straighten hair with the back and the sides cut short while the top side layered for blending effect. Because the natural hair of the singer who born with the name Peter Gene Hernandez is actually curly when it’s straightened it becomes longer than when it’s left as it is. The longer hair then flipped back toward the back of his head giving the talented musician more height and aesthetic boldness.
The Unique Bruno Mars
Having the eccentric pompadour hairstyle has done wonder to Bruno Mars’ image and his career in general. Today, people who wear such kind of hairstyle are very rare thus making the hairstyle of the great hits singer such as “Just the Way You Are” and “Grenade” stands out even more among other male celebrity hairstyles. The unique appearance certainly makes him easier to recognize and in the end give him the advantages to further climb into world class singer status. The hairstyle itself is funky and suitable for men with various face shapes such as oval, round, triangular and heart.
To get similar hairstyle looks with the Bruno Mars, you can try the following steps:
- Wash and brush the hair for the initial preparation; make sure there are no hair tangles.
- Prepare a hair gel product to hold the hairstyle, squirt the required amount of the hair gel into your palm and apply it evenly through your hair.
- Blows dry the hair roots at your head to make dry in an outward position. This step will give the hairstyle the personality and height.
- Apply the pomade to form the shape of the pompadour into your hair from the crown forward into the center of your head.
- Using a comb shape and form the front side of the pompadour. You can do this by lightly and slowly comb the pompadour’s front side as long as you would prefer then comb the rest of the top hair.
- Make the taper side look gradual and polished by using comb.
- Comb the rest of the hair back and use hairspray to hold the style.