Frizzy hair can happen to you even when you are having a regular and usual hair condition. What does frizzy hair means, after all? Well, when your porous and dry hair is absorbing moisture from the surrounding air, it will make all the strands to swell up and become frizzy. But don’t worry, there are handy tips for healthy hair that can help you avoid the unwanted frizzy condition.
The best way to deal with frizzy hair is to prevent it from happening, so here are several things that you can do:
- Use the proper conditioner with deep conditioning traits. good conditioner should have the proper moisturizing trait. Be sure to apply it to your hair strands – not on the roots – and leave it be. Once you feel that it is enough, cleanse it off thoroughly. You should feel that your hair is shinier and more manageable.
- Use cold water to rinse your hair. Do this before you get out from the shower. The water will close off the hair cuticles and make them stay flat.
- After you finish taking a bath, don’t ruffle your hair with the towel to dry it off. Ruffling it won’t help drying it off. Instead, squeeze your hair gently and let the towel absorb the moisture. It won’t damage your cuticle.
- It is a good idea to use leave in conditioner as well. Do this when your hair is still damp. It will keep your hair smooth and moisturized and it will certainly prevent frizzy condition.
- You can try washing your hair at night. Your hair will still be damp, but that’s okay. Just wrap it up in a towel or T-shirt and just go to bed. In the morning, your hair will be ready for styling and there won’t be frizzy sign.
- Don’t comb your hair when it is dry. When your hair is too dry, the combing movement will only make the broken strands gets worse.
- Use protective spray first if you want to blow your hair dry. Try to angle the hair dryer downward so the heat won’t reach the cuticle.
- Apply anti frizz serum or cream when your hair is still damp.
- Don’t use hair spray because most products contain alcohol. Alcohol is responsible for frizziness and hair strand swelling.
- Be sure to treat your hair once a week. The treatment will improve the moisture and also revitalize your hair.
When doing these methods, you can be sure that your hair will stay smooth, soft, healthy, and be free from frizzy condition.